4 Apr 2014

Fire and flood - Review


Fire and flood book one.
Available now
www.doublecluck.co.uk 

What's it about?

Tella's brother is dying. He's got cancer, and Tella is helpless to save him. Or so she thought. When an invitation arrives for Tella to compete in the Brimstone Bleed, a deadly competition that will lead her through treacherous jungle and scorching desert, she doesn't think twice. Because the prize is a cure to any illness. But Tella will be facing more than just the elements.
My review
Fire and flood was a brilliant book! It's an excellent read with an exciting story and fun leading character. From the first introduction of Tella, I liked her, although I did find her to be a bit flaky and wasn't sure how she'd possibly pass the trials she would be facing in the Brimstone bleed.
But she proved me wrong quite early one when she shows what she's willing to go through to win. Sure she complains about being smelly and dirty and even manages to have some boy drama, but she does it in a way that is funny and didn't come off as whining and pushed through every time, reminding herself what she's there for as motivation.
As the book went on, I really couldn't predict what would come next, what twist in the game would leave our little group trying to decide their next move and how they would get to the end of each round of the game. And the other indecisions and troubles they face, such as them working as group when at the same time they're actually each other's competition, when do you choose to break off on your own or decide if your going to double cross the people you've made friends with to make sure you win. I felt the dynamics were handled really well and you never can tell what anyone's going to do when they're all on the cusp of friendship and betrayal simultaneously.
I seriously cannot wait for book two and jump back in the competition with the hope that somehow all my favourites will win!

Find the author
Website
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Goodreads

1 comment:

  1. This sounds a lot like the Hunger Games, but I think I'll read it. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...