4 Jul 2013

Terminus - Review


Outpost book two.
Available now
www.hodder.co.uk 

What's it about?

The world has been overrun by a lethal infection, ravaged by a pathogen that leaves its victims locked half-way between life and death. New York, bombed to prevent the spread of the disease, has been reduced to radioactive rubble. A rescue squad enters the subway tunnels beneath Manhattan, searching for the one man who can create an antidote. The squad battle floodwaters, lethal radiation and infected, irradiated survivors as they race against the disease that threatens to extinguish the human race.
My review
Terminus was another gripping read from Adam Baker, its the conclusion to his brilliant Outpost trilogy and I feel like I've been waiting forever to get my hands on it, in truth it was just a few months but I was THAT excited.
Terminus has a similar theme to the other books, its a small group of people stuck in an impossible situation, trying to survive and not all are completely sane characters, making the task that much harder. In ways, it reminded me of the other books, I found the mix of characters to be similar and of course, its the same kind of situation. However, Mr Baker writes an incredible, heart pumping story, full of brutal action with no characters being 'safe.' So you really don't know what will happen next, and some of the things he came up with in this were beyond anything you'll have found in the previous books and will have you cringing back in your seat and your eyes glued to the page.
In all, Terminus is a great conclusion to the story and the author managed to scare the pants off me yet again, I really can't wait to see what he comes up with next.


Find the author: 
Website 
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...