28 Mar 2013

Nail your books (10)

'Nail your books is a feature started by Cristina at The princess of storyland, where we share our book inspired manicures.

This weeks manicure is inspired by the cover of The raven boys by Maggie Stiefvater.

Here's the cover
It's the US version, which is ever so slightly different to the UK one around the book title.
And here's my nails
Click on the images to see full sized versions


How to
  • Your preferred base and top coats
  • Barry M 'Matte white'
  • Rimmel 60 seconds 'Grey matter'
  • Barry M Gelly hi-shine 'Blood orange'
  • Rimmel I love lasting finish 'Black cab'
  • Maybelline Color show 'Sugar crystals'
  • Nail striper brush
-After a base coat, I painted my thumbs with white, my index fingers with grey, my middle fingers with red and my ring and little fingers with black.
-Next I painted a coat of Sugar crystals over my ring finger nails.
-Then I used the striper brush and the same black polish to paint the Ley lines (that triangle looking thing) on my right thumb nail.
-Next, the hard part, I used the same brush and black to paint the raven, doing it one stroke at a time, if that makes sense lol. Then went over it with some flecks of grey and a bit of white, and then a little bit of red in the corner.
-After that I put on a wet look top coat and some Insta-dri, as usual!

The raven didn't come out as well as I'd have liked but it was a difficult piece to do, I think I could do a better job on a second attempt. But I love the sugar crystals polish, which is new and the Ley lines, which you can see around the title, came out nicely.
What do you think? And please, do share if you decide to try the look.


3 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome idea! Just discovered your blog and am a new follower keep up the great work, hun

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...