22 Jan 2013

Under the never sky - Review


Under the never sky book one.
Available now
atombooks.net 

What's it about?

WORLDS KEPT THEM APART.
DESTINY BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER.
Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.
Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive.
If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers.
Other books in the series
Roar and Liv - Book 0.5
My review
Under the never sky is set in a future world that is so different to the one we live in now but is easy to believe and get lost in. I found the storyline to be very different to some other books I have read and Rossi has really come up with something unique here. Although the world is a very dangerous place to live in now, I couldn't help picturing it as beautiful at the same time, something the author made easy to do with vivid descriptions and great storytelling.
Though it was written really well and I enjoyed it, it was slightly missing that thing that got my heart pumping and making it difficult to put down, I didn't find the love story that gripping, I actually found myself more fascinated by the background love story of Roar and Liv and was wanting to know what will happen with them in the future.
But other than that, I did enjoy it, the author has created something new with her world of special people and I did like meeting them all. Aria is a strong young lady who from the start isn't afraid to stand up for herself and Perry is a great leader, they're well suited.
I'm looking forward to seeing more in this series and watching the characters grow.

My thoughts on the cover
I really like this cover, way more than the original which is the one I own. This just fits in with the story so much better and I love the colours, the text and the whipping wind you can see from the leaves flying about.

Favourite quotes
'She looked drawn, the skin beneath her eyes pale purple. Even tired she had a face made to be looked at. Finespun. Deliate. Beautiful. Perry shook his head, surprised by his own thoughts.'

'She squeezed him. "Your voice sounds like a midnight fire. All warm and worn in and golden. I could listen to you talk forever."'

Find the author
Website
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads

3 comments:

  1. I agree, this book is pretty great! I love how strong Aria is. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this. The cover on the uk edition is nowhere near as nice though! Think I might get on shipped from the US with the prettier cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, Mist! I'm so glad you enjoyed this, I'm totally with you on the cover and Roar & Liv's story! :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...