29 Jan 2013

UK vs THE WORLD (55)

UK vs. The world is a weekly meme I made up lol.
It's simlair to UK vs. US except the UK covers are battling it out with their foreign counterparts from all over the world, because who doesn't love judging books by their covers!

UK                           vs                        Italy
Night school book one.
('Il Segreto del Bosco. Night School' translates to 'The secret of the forest. Night school.' - According to Google translate.)

Mist: As much as I like the UK cover, there's just something about the contrasts in colour between the leaf and the background on the Italian cover that really catches my eye, the cover is both warm and cold at the same time. The UK cover is nice but its just as girl, the Italian cover has a bit more going to it and piques my interest.

Ninfa: I like both covers but I think this is an Italian win for me I love the little hint to the location of the story, with the leaf in the model's hand. The Italian title, "The Secret of the Woods" and the tagline, "Sometimes school can kill you" are just really cool, and I like the colours chosen and how the leaf just stands out from everything else.
The UK cover is pretty, and the tagline is also cool, but the Italian cover just has more going on for me Italy wins!

Which do you prefer?

2 comments:

  1. I love the girls hair colour in the UK one but the Italian one is awesome. The way the leaf stands out and the colour of the background, I agree its both warm and cold!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both. I love the way the girls head is and i love the hair colour. But what is going on with her hand?? The Italian one is lovely, i don't like the leaf though.

    So its a draw for me.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...