13 Dec 2012

Nail your books (2)

'Nail your books is a feature started by Cristina at The princess of storyland, where we share our book inspired manicures.

This week my nails were inspired by the first MetaWars book, Fight for the future by Jeff Norton.

Here's the cover;

And here's my nails;
(Click on the image if you'd like to see a bigger version.)

How to
  • Sally Hansen miracle cure strengthener base coat
  • Rimmel I love lasting finish Your majesty
  • Rimmel lycra pro Heart on fire
  • Save the nail wet look top coat
  • Sally Hansen insta-dri
-As usual I started off with a couple of coats of base coat, base coat is important because it protects your nails, stops them from getting stained and can also make your nail polish last longer, I use a nail strengthener because my nails are pretty weak.
-Next I painted them silver all over.
-And when that dried I added the red diagonal strip along the top.
-Then I applied a top coat to seal the colour and used inst-dri to dry them quicker.

You can probably guess I took my inspiration from the MetaWars title on the cover. I don't have the most steady hands but I'm pretty happy with how the red came out, I mostly got them even lol. I had wanted to also put the symbols for the Millenials and the Guardians on my thumb nails but I still don't have those nail pens I'm lusting after and I couldn't do it with a toothpick!
What do you think?
And if you try it let me know how it comes out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...