4 Nov 2012

Rage within - Review

Rage within by Jeyn RobertsDark inside book two
Available now

What's it about?
After the earthquakes came the infectious rage, turning friends into deadly enemies. For survivors Michael, Aries, Mason and Clementine the battle to stay alive is about to get even tougher. The new world is organising itself, with camps that promise protection for the uninfected. But the reality of the sites is far more sinister. Besides, nobody is safe from the rage within their own soul...
Previous books in the series (Links to my review)
Dark inside - Book one
My review
I really enjoyed Dark inside and have been excited to get to Rage within which I enjoyed just as much.
It has just as much action, the story flows along nicely and there were lots of shocks, one thing I will say for Rage within is that you really didn't know who was safe throughout the whole book.
In terms of the main plot I wouldn't say it moves along hugely, but you do get some new information and a view into the 'Baggers' and what it is they're doing, so the book isn't completely for nothing.
I wasn't completely hooked like I was with book one but I can't quite put my finger on why because there's always lots going on which kept the book exciting.
I think it was just a case of, it had been so long since I read book one that I'd forgotten bits so I was spending a lot of time at the start trying to figure out who was who and what had happened to them, so I slowed myself down.
I didn't have a particularly favourite character, I liked them all, Michael and Clementines budding relationship is sweet, watching Aries struggle with leadership was interesting and Mason was a strong character as well.
But I did enjoy it, the end was thrilling and I can't wait to get my hands on book three.

My thoughts on the cover
I don't love this cover, its not that eye catching but I do love the colour :)

Favourite quotes
'Michael twisted his body round in Clementine's hands until he was facing her. 'Hey,' he said, and when she looked into his eyes he leaned down and covered her lips with his. Time stopped for a brief moment.'

'The truth is we all have a dark side. Every single one of us. The truth is we all have bad thoughts at one point or another. We've all done things that were mean and awful, and we almost always regret it when we act on these dark desires.'


Find the author
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Myspace
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...