20 Jun 2012

UK vs. THE WORLD (26)

UK vs. The world is a weekly meme I made up lol.
It's simlair to UK vs. US except the UK covers are battling it out with their foreign counterparts from all over the world, because who doesn't love judging books by their covers!

UK                           vs.                         Italy
Werecats book one.
('Il graffio della pantera' translates to 'The Panther's scratch.')

Mist: Both of these covers are nice but I think the UK cover captures the gritty edge that the book has a little bit more, I do love the colours on the Italian cover though and the cats eye that the girl has. I think the scratch on the UK cover is cool to and the animal print belt, I think it's a UK win for me this week.

Ninfa: Both covers are pretty in different ways.
 I like the little hints to the storyline in the UK cover. The scratch on the lower back of the model, and the animal print belt. It's very modern looking and I like the splash of red on the tshirt which kinda makes me think of blood. Very cool cover.
 The Italian cover is also really pretty. It has a more classic feel, and more adult as opposed to the YA feel of the UK cover.
The hints are more subtle in this cover, but I love the animal effect on the eye, and the purple hues are so nice.
I think in a book store, the Italian cover would appeal more to me though, so it's an Italian win this time.

Which do you prefer?

2 comments:

  1. UK, didn't even have to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely the UK, the Italian one is boring! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...