5 Jun 2012

Try it Tuesday (12)

'Try it Tuesday' is a weekly meme hosted here at Bookaholics where each week me and Ninfa take turns to recommend a book we think you should try and why.

This week’s pick is
Stray by Rachel Vincent
Werecats book one.

I look like an all-American grad student. But I am a werecat, a shape-shifter, and I live in two worlds.
Despite reservations from my family and my Pride, I escaped the pressure to continue my species and carved out a normal life for myself. Until the night a Stray attacked.
I'd been warned about Strays--werecats without a Pride--constantly on the lookout for someone like me: attractive, female and fertile. I fought him off, but then learned two of my fellow tabbies had disappeared.
This brush with danger was all my Pride needed to summon me back...for my own protection. Yeah, right. But I'm no meek kitty. I'll take on whatever--and whoever--I have to in order to find my friends. Watch out, Strays--'cause I got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them..

Why I’m choosing this book
To be honest, when I got this book I thought it sounded a bit cheesy but I was plesantly surprised when I read it, and the rest of the series right after. It's a great urban fantasy with great characters and exciting storylines. Urban fantasy is always a hit or miss genre with me but I loved this onethe werecats was different to werewolves so it had it's own unique spin.

Five reasons I love this book
1. It has a kick ass lead character.
2. It also has kick ass hot guys!
3. A gripping storyline that flowed well throughout the six books.
4. Imaginative ideas.
5. Great writing that really captures what's happening.

Who I think will love this book
Any fans of urban fantasy should love this and people who like Rachels YA series and are looking for something a little more adult. Try it if you like Richelle Mead, Ilona Andrews or Kelley Armstrong.

I hope this inspires you to pick up the book, and if you do
Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I love the werecats series! I think the books get better as the series goes on as well - Faythe certainly gets less whiney and decides what she actually wants, instead of messing everyone around! :P

    Really love these books!
    Great pick :)

    Dani
    Pen to Paper

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...