15 Feb 2012

UK vs. THE WORLD! (12)

UK vs. The world is a weekly meme I made up lol.
It's simlair to UK vs. US except the UK covers are battling it out with their foreign counterparts from all over the world, because who doesn't love judging books by their covers!

UK                             vs.                  Australia

Mist: There's no doubt here, I'm in love with the Australian cover, the UK one is really interesting and different but I love the colours in the Aus cover and the swirly thing it's got going on around the edges.

Ninfa: Two interesting covers, two different tag lines...The UK does it for me, with the opposite images in black and white and then in colour of the model, the tagline and the simple font for the title it looks very stylish and really catches my attention. The Aussie cover is not bad and the flowers doing the whole hypnotic vortex thing is a cool effect, but I'm not as captured by the tagline and the title font is a little busy. UK wins

UK                          vs.                  Bulgaria
Immortal beloved book one.
('Безсмъртна любима' and 'Вечен живот' translates to 'Immortal beloved' and 'Eternal Life')

Mist: I prefer the UK cover here, the flowers around the edge are so pretty and the forest pathway in the middle is simple so it doesn't make the whole thing look to crowded, and I want to know where that path goes. I don't really like the Bulgarian cover, it's very racy but boring at the same time, I do like the heart with the wings though.

Ninfa: The UK cover is jsut so pretty and I love the black and white picture of the forest with the red flowers framing it. It really gives me a feeling of "Forever", of something calm and mysterious that stretches as far as you can see. It took me a minute or two to actually make out what was on the Russian cover, apart form the bad tattoo-like heart there the naked back of a woman. Looks like the cover would be more suited to an Erotic book in my opnion, which I know this book isn't. An absolute UK win for win.

Which do you prefer?

5 comments:

  1. Australian for the first one and UK for the second one.

    P.S. The second cover is not Russian, it's Bulgarian. The title translates as "Immortal Beloved" - Безсмъртна любима. Oh and Вечен живот means Eternal Life. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely like the UK covers for both selections! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this meme and I always take some time reading this :D I really liked both of the UK ones more than the other two :D

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...