12 Jul 2011

Top ten Tuesday #7

Monique O'Connner James just suggested top ten books to take to the beach so that's what top ten I'll be doing this week.
Obviously it's my top ten and I choose all these books because they're light reads, perect for the beach and taking on holiday.
(Book links go to Goodreads)
Seven sunny days by Chris Manby
I don't read a lot of chick lit but I am a big Chris Manby fan and this is one of my favourites, it's really light and funny.
Hex hall by Rachel Hawkins.
This is hilarious! I love the characters. I actually read this on a recent hospital stay but I wished I was at the beach!
Another great chick-lit. It's all written as a series of emails so it's very different.
Bleeding violet by Dia Reeves.
I loved the lead character Hanna in this book, she's so self assured and confident, and a little crazy.
The portable door by Tom Holt.
This is the first in a hilarious series. I love Tom Holts books, or at least the ones I've read, so original and funny.
Firespell by Chloe Neill.
This is a pretty short read and Lily is a really fun character, I get on with her so well because she's as sarcastic as I am!
Moving pictures by Terry Pratchett.
I wanted to add all of the Discworld series but with more than 30 books I figured I'd pick my favourite! Discworld is a must for all sci fi geeks.
To be fair these books are awesome anywhere!
Glass houses by Rachel Caine.
This is one of my favourites series' It's the vampire flavor of the supernatural but it's not to heavy.
Tales of the Greek heroes by Roger Lancelyn Green.
This is a must for mythology fans. I loved Greens retellings of the Greek myths, the book flows so easily you'll be finished before you've caught a tan! And it has a great Percy Jackson tie-in cover.

Next week will be my top ten vampires, if you'd like to join in send your list to bookaholics@live.co.uk and it'll be included in the post. It's always interesting to see peoples difference in opinion.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Must be an enjoyable read Moving Pictures by Terry Pratchett. loved the way you wrote it. I find your review very genuine and orignal, this book is going in by "to read" list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope you enjoy it. I forget which number it is in the series but they can be read out of order anyway :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...