8 Mar 2011

Hexbound review


Hexbound by Chloe Neill
What's it about?
Lily Parker is new to St Sophia's School for Girls, but she's already learned that magic can be your best friend . . . or your worst enemy. So they say absolute power corrupts absolutely. But it turns out even a little bit of magic can turn you to the dark side. That's why Lily has to learn how to control her newly discovered abilities and quickly, on top of avoiding the snobs who think they run her school, nursing a crush on a cute sophomore with a big, werewolfy secret, and fighting the good fight with her best friend Scout as they take on Chicago's nastiest nightlife - including the tainted magic users known as the Reapers. All that's even before Lily's invited to a private meeting with Sebastian. He's hot, he's powerful, and he's offering to help her harness the magic flowing through her veins in a way that no one else can. He's also a Reaper. Lily can't help but be suspicious of his offer. But she also needs his help. It seems that the line between good and evil isn't quite so clear as she thought . . .


My review:
4/5
Whilst this second book didn't have me gripped as much as the first one I still enjoyed it a lot. I love the shameless flirting between Lily and Jason and how their relationship is still early and casual, unlike a lot of books I read where the characters are intensely in love after half of the first book and the second is always about how it's doomed or forbidden.
I also really like the relationship between Lily and Scout, although after a while it did feel like there was one to many 'totallys' in the dialogue that bordered on annoying.
Although I enjoyed the book I didn't feel like it added a whole lot to the main story about Lilys parents, a couple of tiny clues is all we get, giving me the feeling this may be a story that's going to be dragged out.
The writing style is the same as the first, so it's an easy quick read and I think will be enjoyed by fans of the first book Firespell.


For more on Chloe Neill, visit her website here


                                      




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...